Thursday 3 September 2015


Since today we are talking about places, we will write about a place we will like to visit.


Today I will write about a place I’d like to visit. To be honest, travelling is one of the things I find most valuable. A lot of people prefer to buy stuff and that is fine by me. I personally feel experiencing different cultures and sharing with people is priceless. Even though I understand that as a tourist you don’t really experience the culture the way a local does, I enjoy travelling very much. I have a lot of places in Chile I'd like to see but I'll go for something different.
Choosing a favourite place puts me in a difficult situation. I more or less love all places. I will select one because it is part of today’s task. In 2014 I had the opportunity to visit Turkey. I simply fell in love. I would like to come back to this place one day. I would like to learn more about the Byzantines and the Ottoman empire. It is such an interesting culture. I would also like to visit the coast since they say it is amazing. To be honest, I would like to learn more about the language. The Turkish language is nothing like anything I heard before, much nicer than the Arab language (in my opinion) but still pretty intricate in terms of structure. So I guess I’d like to go there for around 6 months to get a good feel of the place and visit all the places I didn't get to see..
I think Turkey is the perfect transition place as transit from west to east and the arab world.

- Which country would you like to go to? Why?
- What do you know about it?
- What would you like to do there?
- Would you like to study/work/live there? Explain. Put a picture too!!

- Make comments on 3 of your classmates’ posts and my blog if you like. Word count: 200 words !!

4 comments:

  1. Turkey sounds amazing, specially because of its culture, as an anthropologist things like that are what call more my attention and Turkey seems like the perfect place to go and learn something new. I would like to see some pics of that travel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How amazing to get to know Turkey! I feel it sounds so far away and almost unreal, I guess I will only know it through movies or pictures for now. I'm glad you had an amazing time there and I hope you can go back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Turkey is a beautiful country with a long history......I would like learn culture and history of people

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your style teacher, I think that traveling is a great experience , and I see you enjoy it very much, greetings !

    ReplyDelete