Thursday 10 September 2015

September 11th

September 11th

Actually, I think I feel strongly about this topic. I think it is because I lived  in dictatorship. Enough to remember
My dad was a political person and he was detained and taken to Estadio Chile for reasons that didn't have to do with politics. Luckily, he was saved in time but most of the people who got there did not live to tell the story.
As I said earlier, I feel strongly about this topic because I feel it is very recent history. However, I really wonder how a person who was born in the late 90s with no political background may see this.
I think the way the state of Chile has dealt with the many people who violated human rights is embarrassing. I know that we have done more than other countries but if you think about it, very few people have been prosecuted and the ones who have, are in a luxurious prison.
The state have not given answers to many of those who lost family members and loved ones. I think it is terrible the fact that people are considered fascists or communists and that, has to do with the state not trying to educate people.
Regarding people who demonstrate how they feel about this, I am not one to judge them. Everyone deals with their anger in different ways and I think most teens who do this are somehow showing their contempt for the state, the police or the system itself.
On a different note, The United States were involved in this and other dictatorships in the region and I think this is a key factor. I think this date should affect young people  the same as everyone else. As I said before, I consider this very recent. I think it is very important for everyone to know about what happend here, from all the angles so that we never allow these type of thing to happen again.



How do you feel about it?
Is it Ok to complain about human rights violated 40 years ago?
How has the state of Chile dealt with the people responsible for these  crimes and the victims?
How do you feel about people building barricades on the road  burning tyres or being violent to police forces?
In your opinion, is this outdated?
How does this date affect the life of young people?

Write a minimum of 210 words and a comment on this blog PLUS 3 comments on your classmates' blogs

6 comments:

  1. I think the same, each person who killed another should be punished, and not is possible forget.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the same, each person who killed another should be punished, and not is possible forget.

    ReplyDelete
  3. luky guy your dad, because like you say, "most of the people who got there did not live", is sad to remember this situation i think. We need to remember everyday, not only in this dates, memories are the center of our lifes, and with this, we can build better things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This a very complicated subject to deal with.
    The education is the best weapon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it was fortunate that his father did not die! Many people died unfairly.
    September 11th is a important day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. we should never forget, because stories like your dad's usually had a bad ending. He was lucky, yes, but still, they shouldn't have to detain him.

    ReplyDelete